Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Bollywood Masala!!


In Dar we have cute "Little Theatre". It's a social club where local artists or not so artist but can join to learn or show any talent. This year for their annual ball the theme is Hollywood Goes To Bollywood". Interesting one; I personally never be able to thought that one out. May be because I don't watch bollywood movies anymore but I love all hollywood. I remember as a little girl (late 80) we used to watch indian movies secretly in Pakistan...and all night long. I remember summer holidays and sweet mangoes and all that my mom would prepare for the movie parties. So I thought I should reconnect with my past happy days and join bollywood masala. The auditions happened and I was the only desi girl to dance and teach. It was less challenging for me than all other girls who doesn't know the language and to dance thumkaas in ghagraas (heavy skirts). We all did it and finalized the song. Karen is one hyper woman who is a teacher , aerobic instructor and learned bollywood thumkaas so well encouraged me all the way to the end. The song is "Honthon Pe Aisi Baat" from the movie Jewel Thief. Its a sexy great song and all girls look sexy dancing as well. The show must go on Sat Oct 13th. The picture above is from our practice session. Where we practice and have all silly fun.

No comments: